Types of Yoga:
Free Online Classes and Guides:
Yoga Pose Glossaries:
Modifications for Accessibility:
- Eyes Free Yoga
- Curvy Yoga
- Sun Salutations for Plus Size: DeColonizing Yoga (*)
- Chair Yoga: Spark People
Yoga for Menstrual Pain:
Yoga for Bedtime/Insomnia:
- Bedtime Yoga Sequence (*)
- Morning Routine: Tara Stiles (*)
- Dashama (*)
- Ekhart Yoga (*)
- Ace Fitness
Yoga for Stomach Pain and Sickness:
Yoga for Flexibility:
- Becky-Fitness (rebloggable version here)
- Flexibility and Range of Motion: Tara Stiles (*)
- Flexibility Flow: Tara Stiles (*)
Yoga for Posture and Back Pain:
- LiveStrong Woman: Tara Stiles (*)
- Sarah Beth Yoga (*)
- Women’s Health
- Deborah Burkham
Yoga for Runners:
Yoga as Cardio:
- Runner’s World
- Yoga with Adriene (*)
- Buttkickin’ Power Yoga: Duncan Yoga (*)
- Cardio Warm-Up: BexLife (*)
Purchase Yoga Equipment:
Practicing Yoga Respectfully and Consciously:
- Examining Power, Privilege and Oppression in Yoga Service
- Why I Left Yoga
- Yoga and the Exclusion of People of Color
- The Difference Between Cultural Exchange and Cultural Appropriation
- Is “Fitness Yoga” Cultural Appropriation?
- The Yoga Debate
WARNING! Links marked with (*) will open directly into a video or gif.
Just a friendly reminder for your fitness journey: Your muscles do not grow during exercise. Exercise is only the stimulus. The body strengthens the muscles while you are resting.
So make sure that you give 100% with rest, just like you would give 100% exercising.
Sometimes, it’s very easy to find yourself saying ‘I don’t have time’ or ‘When would I fit that in?’ when it comes to exercise.
But 30 minutes is such an achievable amount of exercise to fit in daily - which can often be done by really small alterations to your daily routine. Pledge to 30 mins of exercise a day with our "Find Your 30" Challenge, and find out how easy it is to actually achieve #SayItWithSweat
Stand in front of a chair with a towel under both heels. Reach back and grip the front edge of the chair so that your butt hovers over and slightly in front of the seat (A). Lean forward and pull the towel toward the chair without bending your legs (B), then slowly push back to start. That’s one rep.
Working out is great and all for making us look and feel good, amongst a host of physical and mental benefits. But exercising day in and day out can have some super annoying consequences.
Breathe: I found this app yesterday and it’s really great! It has a lot of meditation tips and it teaches you meditation skills. You put in how you are feeling, and it will give you a choice between three tapes to listen to. I find this to be a really great self care app and it makes me feel good when I’m stressed out. I think that this is a really good tool to use if you’re working on self care and self love. Let me know if you guys like it!
Blueberry Protein Ice Cream from KissMyBroccoli:
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum for thickening (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
2. Place in freezer for 2-3 hours to set.
3. Serve with desired toppings
Looks like I’ll be hitting the gym before work next week, for 2 weeks
Morning people, what are your secrets?
- Consistency. You’ve got to do this every day, otherwise is will never get easier. Even if you aren’t going to workout every morning, make sure you’re still getting up…